"$uper" frugal living. "$aving" money...one idea at a time.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

$5(ish)/week Food Storage Round-up--Week 1 and 2

Like I told you to begin with, I will be reporting my own $5(ish) dollars/week Food Storage finds to give all y'all a better idea of what we are up against, with food prices on the rise. 

I went out shopping today for both week 1 and week 2.  Here's what I picked up (keep in mind that I have a family of 6 so I multiplied my weekly budget and items x 3):

Week 1
15 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup @$ .97each = $14.55
- $1.50 in coupons
Total =  $13.05 or $4.35 per 5
($1.95 under my families budget for week 1 or $.65 under per 5)

Week 2
24 cans Chicken Noodle Soup (substituted for Tomato) @ $.79 each =  $18.96
- $3.60 in coupons
=  $15.36 or $5.12 for 8
($.36 over my families budget for week 2 or $.12 over for 8)

The plan is to take the leftover money (for me it's $1.59 or $.53 per 2) and put it in an envelope or jar to Save for future food storage purchases. 

WEEK THREE is 6 LBS salt and $5 in small bills ($1's) so as the grocery circulars come out tomorrow, keep your eye out for any sales on salt.  You can also try your local bulk foods store (Costco, Cash and Carry, etc) and see what they have.


Have you been out yet?  What did you find?  Care to share?

1 comment:

  1. OH, I forgot! But I'm at least getting the bills this week. Seeing what you do motivates me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...